Alikay Cares Foundation has launched the Haiti Recovery Project to assist in providing essential resources to the families who were severely impacted by the devastation from Hurricane Matthew. The foundation has been clothes, food and non-perishable items locally in Fort Myers, Florida at Be Fabulous Salon. There has been a tremendous amount of support from the community. In addition, Alikay Cares Foundation has set up a GoFundMe page to accept monetary donations. The items will be sent in barrel drums to Haiti and then delivered to the cities of Les Cayes and Jaymes as well as surrounding areas.
Team Members from Be Fabulous Salon and Alikay Naturals will be traveling to Haiti on November 7th to distribute the donations alongside government officials. These same team members have families who were affected by Hurricane Matthew.
There is still much work to be done. Monetary donations will be accepted up until the November 7th.
Again, the link is www.gofundme.com/ACHAITIRELIEF
Any amount will help.
Thursday, October 20, 2016
Friday, January 22, 2016
Hello Passionate Educators, Service Providers, and Community Members,
The Watts Labor Community Action Committee Family Source Center cordially invites you to our first Super Saturday, College and Career Fair to take place on Saturday, January 30th between 10:00am-3:00pm. This event is perfect for high school seniors, job seekers, and individuals seeking guidance around college and/or careers. This day will be filled with incredible information and resources given in the following format.
1. College and Career Hiring Fair (Speak to employers and school recruiters directly!)
2. FAFSA and Dream Act Application Assistance (Sit and complete your entire FAFSA application one-on-one with one of our trained FAFSA specialists. Make sure to bring all tax-related forms.)
3. Meet one-on-one with a college and career adviser that can help guide you on your college or career path. (Learn about education requirements, salary, and application processes for your dream career).
4. FREE Tax Preparation: We will have our trained tax specialists on-site completing tax refunds. (Make sure to bring all tax-related forms.)
5. Community Service Available (8 hours) for High schools students. Call (323) 427-6716 to sign your students up.
1. Employers are welcome to host a table and interview attendees on site.
2. Colleges, Universities, Training Organizations and so on, are welcome to host a table at our site to tell our attendees about your programs. We also encourage you to have your students volunteer with us! We are expecting a big turn out and can use your help!
3. General Public, community leaders and service providers please share this information with everyone you know and encourage them to attend.
4. We are seeking support from those that are comfortable with FAFSA applications or career advising.
The deadline to reserve your table is vastly approaching: January 27th.
If you would like to be a vendor at our Super Saturday College and Career fair, email email@example.com "
Subject line: Super SaturdayVendor" today! If you would like to pre-register, or request to have a staff come and speak to those you serve you can reach us firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 427-6716.